Every year we meet up with friends at mile 19 to watch the Boston Marathon.
~ I love ~
the sea of runners
the bright colors
the interesting outfits
watching the cadence of the runners bobbing up and down
the little children offering water and high fives
the acts of compassion of those pushing others in wheelchairs
~ I feel ~
inspired
love for those whom I don't even know
overwhelming pride
raw emotion when I walk up to the line
and see the determination in their eyes.
This year the marathon ended in tragedy.
At the finish line there were two bombs.
My heart ached for those who were killed, wounded, and could not finish the race.
That night as I waited to hear news about two of my friends I saw this sunset and thought,
"As the sun goes down
our prayers continue rise up."
Out of tragedy comes triumph, unity and love. So many amazing stories of strength and resilence were told in the days that followed. Restoring my faith in humanity and that evil will NOT overcome us!




No comments:
Post a Comment