So every time I make bread I make 2 loaves. I often think that I should give the other loaf away. I have even gone so far as to think I should make it a goal and always find someone to share the other loaf with. But I've never got past the thinking stage...
Last night as I was reading Facebook I saw a friend's post stating that her whole family is sick again- one with pneumonia, one a sinus infection and another with a cold. This is about the third time within a few months that they have all been really sick. As I was reading the thought popped into my head, "you should bring her a loaf of bread!"
Fast forward to the next day... I'm running errands, trying to accomplish everything on my long "to do" list. And as I start making the bread I start talking myself out of bringing them bread.
We are friends from around town, our boys have occasionally played soccer together, I see her outside on nice days when I walk Lola and we chat. But is it too strange to just show up on her door?
We'll that is exactly what I did! She was surprised to see me, but very grateful. It felt really good to let her know that I care and I was thinking of them and hoping they feel better soon!
It's so random.
We are friends from around town, our boys have occasionally played soccer together, I see her outside on nice days when I walk Lola and we chat. But is it too strange to just show up on her door?
What would I say?
"Ummm, Hi! I was thinking about you and your family and here's some bread and jam."
We'll that is exactly what I did! She was surprised to see me, but very grateful. It felt really good to let her know that I care and I was thinking of them and hoping they feel better soon!
I'm not writing this post to give myself a pat on the back. I'm writing it to remind me to follow through on inspiration and serve others happily, (no matter how much you want to talk yourself out it) and always remember how good it feels to let someone know you care!
So here is the message Kandra sent me this afternoon. It really made me so grateful that I didn't convince myself not to do it!!!
So here is the message Kandra sent me this afternoon. It really made me so grateful that I didn't convince myself not to do it!!!
2 comments:
You are a good person!
This is just who you are!
Very thoughtful.
Post a Comment