Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Perfect winter dinner

Yesterday I spent the day cooking in the kitchen. I made everything from scratch. It took a long time but we were rewarded in the end!  
 Dinner was delicious and dessert was just as wonderful! 

Alyssa shares my love for the goopy middle so she claimed this piece! Smart girl!

If you're in the mood to try a few new recipes I highly recommend these!
I made the bread bowls with this recipe: From Christy Jones
Artisan Boule/Bread
2lbs or 6 1/2 cups flour (exact amount)
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt (no substitutes)
3 cups lukewarm water
-Mix yeast & salt into water let sit for 5 minutes
-stir in flour, mixing till no dry patches
-cover and rise for 2-4 hours

To bake
cut grapefruit size piece (I find that each batch makes 4 loaves)
fold into a ball with hands, no kneading, very little flour
put on parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal
let rise for about 1 hour 
heat baking stone in oven for 20 min (baking stone a must)
bake @ 450 degrees 
slash top w/ knife and dust w/flour
slide parchment onto stone
bake w/ metal bowl over top for 20 min 
remove bowl and bake for 10 minutes more
**For bread bowls I made the balls into the size of an orange** 

2 comments:

LL said...

that looks SO yummy!
I love chowder in a bread bowl.

Marcy said...

I printed off that same cinnamon roll cake recipe a few weeks ago, but haven't made it yet. Glad to know it yummy!