Tonight when I was taking Alyssa to basketball practice I noticed a beautiful sunset. So I dropped her off and went up to a high point and stood in utter amazement at the beauty in the sky. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I got in my car several times to leave, but then had to take yet another picture.
These gifts of nature feed my soul. It is moments like this that I know that God exists and loves me because who else could provide such astounding beauty?
It brings to mind the Hymn How Great Thou Art
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
It brings to mind the Hymn How Great Thou Art
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
1 comment:
love that song--those pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment