Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last day in CA

On our last day in Ca we were able to spend the morning, once again, with my dear grandmother. We stayed at her home and it was so nice to see her and hug her every day and night! She is amazing! She makes the most wonderful popovers, custard and french toast.  Did I mention she is 97 years young?! She still drives, swims for her daily exercise, cooks, gardens and amazes me! Here is the part where I have to admit that I totally stink (suck) as a granddaughter because I failed to get a single picture with her! Really what was I thinking? So here is a picture of us from 2 summers ago. 
She looks the same! I want to be just like her when I grow up!

Then we were off to visit my dear friend Julie and her family! 
Seriously you know you have a wonderful friendship when you can spend 10 hours at their house and still not want to go home! I think Xander said it best when he said, "Mom Julie is not a friend she's FAMILY!"

Her adorable 2 year old, Kaitlyn, kept following Alyssa and Xander around calling them KIDS. If they went out of the room she would run after them calling Kidzzzzzzzz! She was so cute and she loved having the older kids play with her. Alyssa and K enjoyed reading books together. 

Ashley is an adorable happy go lucky little love! 6 months has got to be my favorite age- happy, interactive  and yet still stay put. We all enjoyed getting a chance to hold her. 

What a wonderful day! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends!

No comments: