The setting: Tonight as we knelt down for family prayer- Paul had his head down on Lissy’s bed.- You could just see the top of his head.
Xander says, “It’s MELON SEASON!”
Huh? I say.
Then he asks, “Dad are you going bald?”
I guess that is what they say on one of the shows they watch when someone is bald.!
I was not laughing at Paul or the fact that his hair may be thinning a tiny bit, it was more the description, MELON SEASON! Just the thought of a shiny bald melon sends me into fits of laughter...
Sadly after the prayer Paul went straight to the bathroom to look in the mirror. And yes, my giggles were ever present and in full force again when I finally got in.
Oh my!
I have never laughed so hard! I had tears streaming down my face. Xander started the prayer and my giggles got the best of me and then him and then Paul and Xander had to stop we were all laughing so hard! Once we got under control again Alyssa started the prayer this time and a few of my giggles escaped, but she persevered and got through the prayer despite my rudeness. I was not laughing at Paul or the fact that his hair may be thinning a tiny bit, it was more the description, MELON SEASON! Just the thought of a shiny bald melon sends me into fits of laughter...
Sadly after the prayer Paul went straight to the bathroom to look in the mirror. And yes, my giggles were ever present and in full force again when I finally got in.
Bald or not I still love you baby!

4 comments:
just reading this made me laugh!
FUNNY!!!!
That is hilarious!
It's been "melon season" for a long time at my house!
Thanks for the laugh.
I love the picture!!!
Post a Comment