Sunday, September 13, 2009

Travel Soccer


Alyssa and Xander are both of the travel team this Fall. They both had their first games yesterday and I was so proud of how they both played!

I felt so bad for Xander he got it to the goal 4x and was unfortunately blocked by a great goalie. He gave it his all and that is all I can ask of him! It is a lot rougher with lots of tripping and pushing- most of which was NOT legit! One time Xander even went heels over head!

I was surprised by his reaction after the game! He was really mad that they lost, but he was MOST mad about the way the other team played- they cheated by tripping and pushing! He is all about being honest and fair.

Alyssa scored a goal and assisted many others! Their team played awesome- great team work!


I was so proud of her for being aggressive! She tends to back off a bit, but she got right in there!


1. Xander telling me at 6am, "That's okay Mom, I got Lola." (I had already been up with her at 4:45. So the extra hour of sleep was wonderful!
2. Stake Conference today
3. Taking Lola and the kids for a walk

3 comments:

LL said...

i hope for YOUR sake that they're on the same team~
GO TRUEMAN KIDS!!!!

Trueman twins said...

Laura- NO SUCH LUCK! They don't even play in the same town most weeks. Thankfully the times work out for the most part.

Swimmingmom said...

Some of the great lessons from playing sports are dedication and perseverence. Hope they are enjoying it.I especially liked your thankfulness list- the one about Xander taking care of the dog for you- how sweet.