Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blessings Farm


Today the kids went for their first horseback riding lessons at Blessings Farm. They did amazing since they have only been on a pony about 5 years ago. This was the second lesson in a series of 10 so they had a bit of catching up to do. The first hour they learn how to care for the horses, muck out the stables, what brush to use etc... and ride for the last hour.

My friend just told me about this on Saturday and said there were some open spots and would we be interested. Xander was a bit hesitant about going at first. He was worried he would be the only boy, which he was, but after some thought he wanted to do it.

Tonight they rode Abbey. Each week they will get to ride a different horse.

He was the first one up! No hesitation whatsoever.
Alyssa was excited about the lessons from the moment I suggested it!
Check out the rein control!
Getting off is not as easy!
I am so glad that they really enjoyed it! You can't beat a 2 hour lesson for $15. each. I love the fact that at the end of the lesson they have a "Christian moral story." Tonight it was about how Grandma's dentures looked like real teeth, but were fake. Just as some people may say they are Christians and then their actions show otherwise.

Alyssa and Alexandra with Juice- quite the feisty guy! He can open gates & doors! He even gave Xander a little nibble on the arm. (The kids don't ride him.)

1. finding shoes with heels (what a process)
2. walks with Lola
3. horses

3 comments:

Marcy said...

What a great experience!
I grew up with horses and took it for granted. I didn't realize what I had and didn't take advantage of it like I should have.

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun..I'm surpised by the price, I will keep that in mind for when Tiffany gets a little older..she loves riding horses!

LL said...

FABULOUS!!! what a neat experience. I want to hear more about it. I have a friend who's daughter wants to take lessons. You just can't beat that price.