Since Paul is going away for the next 7 days he took the day off and we headed to Mystic, Connecticut to go to the seaport. We were kinda leery since we have had several days of thunderstorms but decided to chance it anyway!

We could not have picked a better day! The weather was warm and sunny, the clouds were beautiful! I love it in New England in the summertime when the sky is so brilliant blue and the clouds are thick and puffy. They almost look fake!


See the big white house on the left? With the adirondack chairs on the lawn?
I SO could live there!

The kids hammed it up,

played on boats,


Hey look in the background! It is Paul on the phone! What a surprise~NOT!

and caught these tiny shrimp which would literally jump out of your hands.
We had a great time meandering our way through the seaport village and basking in the sunshine. We even paid a little more for the planetarium and it was worth it! I guess I shouldn't say paid "more" since we got in for FREE thanks to the library pass from our local library. SUCH a great day! I know I keep complaining about the rain, but I guess it does make me SO thankful for days like these!
1. family
2. Paul taking the day off- it meant so much to the kids
3. Not a single raindrop until we were about 10 minutes away from MA
3 comments:
looks like you had a fun day..did you get a chance to go to the aquarium??? they have a fantastic seal and sea lion show.
what a FUN day! loved the pictures, looks like a beautiful place.
I've only been there once, but I love that place. The pictures brought back good memories. Must be kind of nice taking the kids places since they're old enough that you don't have to drag them around.
Post a Comment