Thursday, July 16, 2009

The gigs up!


As I listen to the conversation in the other room I start to cringe...
I know what is coming...
Mom is Santa really true?
How will he get into our house with the alarm?
Is it you and dad who buy the presents?
I hemmed and hahhed and said a bit about the spirit of Santa
and then the CLENCH-ER....
MOM DO YOU PINKY SWEAR THAT SANTA IS TRUE?
The gigs up!
I am busted!
I cannot tell a lie!
No Santa is not true, but the spirit of giving is a wonderful tradition...blah blah blah...
SO what did you do with the cookies that we put out each year? Did you eat them?
Guilty as charged...but usually just a bite since at 12 AM I am not in the mood for cookies.
How about the letters that were written back to us from Santa?
I used my left hand to write them.
What about this year? Do we still get presents?
Of course!
Brooklynn knows, Noah does too and Hallie they pipe in.

I actually have to admit I am glad the cat's out of the bag. It is always so much work with remembering which paper I used which year. Xander actually asked why he used the same paper as the year before once. Also remembering which presents were from Santa and which were from us. They took it wonderfully! Xander has actually been hinting and asking about it since last Christmas and I was able to hold him off since Alyssa was still gung ho about it. I guess I should be sad since my babies are growing up, but I am just fine with them knowing the truth.

1. secrets revealed
2. kids growing up
3. glad Christmas is still many months away!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

reading that all I thought was "why are they talking about Santa? it's July!! it's funny how kids minds work when it comes to this stuff..Tiffany figured out that it was President Cox playing Santa a couple of years ago at the ward Christmas party and now everytime she sees him she calls him Santa!!

Jamie said...

okay, what is with Santa talk in
july? We've got the same thing going on over here with our 6 year old--not figuring things out, just making lists.

LL said...

funny! Carson brought santa up the other day. I told him Santa wasn't going to bring very much this year because we are spending our money on a vacation...he immediatly clued in and said "why does Santa have to use our money?" It won't be long!
Remind me one of these days to tell you about McKays solving the toothfairy mystery! UGH! Kids are too smart!

Leah said...

It's too bad that the truth has to come out sometime. It's fun to have those traditions but I guess we all have to grow up sometime.