Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So grown up!


I can remember way back when I would beg my mom to get my ear's pierced! The rule was that I could not get them pierced until I was 12. That seemed like forever! I finally wore my mom down when I was 11 1/2. I was so excited to have them done. I felt SO grown up!
I have always told Alyssa that anytime she wanted to get her ear's pierced it was just fine by me. She would tell me- "That's okay Mom I know we are busy." I knew she was just putting off the pain and avoiding the anxiety of possible pain so I just let it go.
Today while Alyssa and I were having a girl's day at the mall (while Xander is at Six Flags for a friend's birthday) we walked past a kiosk that pierced ears. I asked her if she wanted to do it and she said yes! We picked out some cute gold crystal flowers and waited for both ladies to be available so we could get them both done at the same time. I felt a little bad since it was taking a while so we browsed a bit in some stores.
At last it was time! I was so proud of her for being brave! The one earring got a little stuck in the device so the lady had to pull a bit to get it out. I could see in Alyssa's eyes that it hurt, but she was being so brave!
We sent pictures to Daddy and Aunt Leslie right away so they could share in our joy. As soon as we got home we put her hair up in a half pony so we could see those adorable ears! Every time I see them I smile! :-)


1. girl time
2. bravery
3. cute earrings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Alyssa!! very brave!!