Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's day

All I ever wanted to be was a mom. When I was little I would always find the babies at church and carry them around. It was my dream to finish college and then be a mom. So it was so very devastating when this dream took a very very very long time to come to fruition! It was a very LONG 6 (almost 7 when they arrived) years trying to conceive! I would always say maybe when I am 30 I will finally be pregnant.... little did I know how very true that statement was going to be! 
19 weeks pregnant May 23, 2000 (12 days after my 30th birthday)

July 2000 the nursery is ready just waiting somewhat patiently for the kiddos in October. I would always tell my dad on the phone I can't wait to see them in person and hold them. I am tired of seeing them on the ultrasound black and white and grainy!

August 20, 2000 on my way into MY baby shower! 
7 months pregnant and overjoyed that it was truly a shower for ME! 

A few weeks after I found out it was twins I had a dream and saw a boy and girl running down our hallway. I found out that Xander was a boy around 15 weeks. It wasn't until I was 20 week along that the ultrasound confirmed that Alyssa was a girl. But I knew in my heart all along that I would be having a boy and a girl. My two miracles would be named-
It was such an emotional day.
I had waited so very long to be able to go to my very own baby shower!

Fast forward 12 years later-
I love being a mom to these two amazing kiddos. 

They fill my heart with love and joy each and everyday, not just on Mother's day! 
They have a great tradition of breakfast in bed for me!
 Xander's latest "cheeseball" smile. 
 Alyssa promised me a pedicure!
 They planted pots of flowers for our front porch. 

I love being a mom and I especially love them beyond what I could have ever imagined! 
They were worth the wait!

1 comment:

Mommy Knows Best said...

I love this post! I have always loved your story about the twins, too. I hope you had a great Mother's day!