On Friday afternoon I got a call from Xander's Lifeskills teacher. She wanted to tell me what a nice boy Xander was and how much she enjoyed having him in class. She said that he was extremely helpful with the food drive and she was grateful for his help. WOW! I told her how grateful I was for the call and that she had made my day! I am so grateful that she went above and beyond her calling as a teacher!
On Sunday I got an email from Xander's football coach. They won their playoff game and are now headed to the SUPER BOWL!!! This is what the email said, "It was a game for the history books! The game could have gone either way at any moment. The moment we could win the game came down to three plays. We got just ahead in the second half and the 49ers had plenty of time and talent to drive down and score. I was afraid they were about to. Xander reached wherever it is people reach when they decide they want something and they are going to make it happen themselves. Xander pulled the flags on first and second down giving the 49ers a loss on each flag pull. On the next play, the 49ers passed because Xander had halted their hopes of running. On that third play they threw an interception and it was because Xander was right there ready to pull the QB flag, forcing a bad pass, giving us the ball back. Three enormous plays that resulted in the Cowboy win. Extraordinary."
WOW again! I am so grateful for coaches who work so hard and dedicate so much time to help our children learn and LOVE the game!
It goes to show that you try your best as a parent to raise good, well rounded children, but it is not all you! It is the help from teachers, coaches and others around you and them- that help to shape our children into who they are! I couldn't be more thankful for good role models in my children's lives!
1 comment:
You know what I love about you. You praise your child (because he SO deserves it) but you also recognize the efforts of those who have guided him. It really takes a village and it's so sweet to hear a grateful parent acknowledge and appreciate it.
You're the best, no wonder you have great kids!
Post a Comment