It’s that time of year again when Mama Robin brings forth her sweet little birdies into the world. She choose her normal spot which is under the deck, now by the filter and just under the corner of our patio table where we have been eating frequently. The poor mama has flown the coup more times than imaginable. Every time one of us sets foot on the deck she flies away chirping about the fact that she and her babies have been disturbed. Not to mention the fact that she has to have at least one daily attempt by Lola to play “catch.”
Don't let that sweet face fool you!
Thankfully Lola is not as quick as Mama! I don’t know what I would do if she caught her!
Despite all of the interruptions all of them made it out of their shells. This was quite the event on Memorial Day as Alyssa and Hallie found great joy in watching them through a slit in the deck boards make their way into the world.
Today as I once again, disturbed Mama to go and pump the pool filter I noticed how big they had gotten in just a week and a half. Boy was she squawking at me all the while I took some pictures.
These robin’s bring such joy into our lives every year. When we first see them in the end of winter it is a wonderful reminder that all of this freezing cold weather and snow will soon go away and be replaced by warmth and beautiful greenery. Then shortly after the brilliant blue eggs will appear and the circle of life will begin once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment