Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ahhh Florida (days 1-5)



I had better get going on our Florida vacation before we set off in 8 more days to California!
This year we started off our vacation with a night on Clearwater Beach. The water was really calm and we could see the fish swimming. The kids had fun chasing the fish and going night swimming in the ocean for the first time! Paul and I happily watched from a soft spot on the smooth white sand. The next day we were off for a few days in Orlando, but not before we had a swim in the ocean and played in the sand.

While in Orlando we went to Disney. We haven't been there since the kids were 4 1/2. Now they could ride Space Mountain. It was fun having them ride a "real" roller coaster rather than the kiddie ones. We had a great day because we got there early and rode all 10 rides by 2 o'clock! We have never had such luck with little lines.


I was laughing so hard while taking these driving pictures I am suprised that they came out. While the kids were "driving" we kept being wacked back and forth! It was quite the experience! Thankfully they have 8 more years until they are driving for real. Yikes!!



On Friday evening Alyssa started to complain that her ear was bothering her. OH NO! The next morning we were off to CVS's Minute Clinic and after a quick exam she was diagnosed with swimmer's ear infection! She was given antibiotic drops and instructions not to immerse her head underwater. UGH! So we bought a bright green tube and let her float away. What else were we to do on a water vacation? We just looked the other way when her head went under on occasion. Oops! Xander had to get a mask and snorkel so he could explore the underwater world.

We were back to the Tampa area for a day at Busch Gardens! This was truly the best day of our entire trip-the weather was perfect, the lines were short and we stayed at the park from open until close! The Busch parks are so much more mellow than the Disney parks. We meandered from one ride to the next. The kids could go on all rides, but 3. They were able to go on their first loop de loop roller coaster and went on it again and again and again and again....Paul and I gave up after a few loops! Our poor stomachs couldn't handle it. We both love coasters but we are finding the older we get the fewer times we can ride them in a row. Especially me since I get vertigo on vacation due to the flying, elevators, coasters and pools/beaches. I felt like I was rocking back and forth on a boat for the entire week. Hey no dizzy blonde jokes!



We enjoyed the bird area where we could feed the bird sweet nectar and have them sit us. I was a bit weary when one landed on my head. I was afraid it would poop on me. Thankfully it didn't but the kids thought it would be really funny. I would laugh, but only if they choose Paul and not me!















3 comments:

smart mama said...

oh that looks fun and refreshing- i need some of that beach action!

Jamie said...

looking a little nervous with those birds Lisette--funny picture. What a fun vacation! By the time you get home from your next vacation there won't be much of summer left. Kind of sad huh. On the other hand...

Christy said...

Brave woman with the birds! Feel secure with the animals now after the Petco field trip huh?
Say hi to the west coast, I'm missing it this year.