Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ahh Florida (days 5-8)

We left Orlando and went back to Clearwater for the duration of our trip. This time we were upgraded to a junior suite and the kids were ecstatic! The room was huge and was about 10 feet from the beach! They delivered a tray with grapes, Evian, chocolate and candies. The kids put on the robes and lounged on the wrap around couch. They thought they were living the life of luxury!

This part of our trip was more leisurely with the exception of a half day trip to Busch Gardens again. We spent the days swimming, digging in the sand, body surfing and relaxing. Paul and the kids did a great job molding a sea turtle on the beach. Xander was so happy it lasted through the rain storm and was still there the next day. Many people came over to admire it and some even took pictures.


It was really great to start off each day with a solitary walk along the beach. I can't think of a better way to start the morning watching the sun come up on one side and the waves crash on the other. I even found a whole sand dollar! We would end the day with a walk on the beach or watching the sunset from our balcony. We are a bit "greasy" and a bit sun burnt from all of the sunscreen and lack thereof.


When I asked the kids what their favorite part of the vacation was I hear a unanimous "THE BEACH!" I am thinking next year we will skip the whole amusement park part and head straight for the beach!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very impressive sea turtle! What skills they've got! :)

Christy said...

Paul is training them to fly only first class someday isn't he. I hope you were being hand fed those grapes (oh wait, sandy hands, feed yourself!)

smart mama said...

i love a good hotel room- It makes me feel so delicously relaxed!

LL said...

you always have such great pictures!!!
hope you're enjoying your time away!