Paul always groans when I tell him, "I have this great idea!" It usually involves a lot of work. Well this idea was no exception. And yes, it did involve a lot of work- times two in this case!
I wanted to do a gallery of frames over the sofa in the basement.
So I set about "robbing" all of the frames in the house and making a collection and layout on the dining room table. After a trip to Ikea to get more frames (only an hour and 15 minutes each way) and a layout that I liked Paul set about to hang all of these frames on the wall.
NOTE**All of the sites said "cut out pieces of paper the size of the frames and tape them on the wall FIRST."*** Well we decided to omit this part since I liked the layout on the table.
Why wouldn't I not like it on the wall?
Well here is the outcome. Not too bad right? WELL... I have this things about symmetry and balance and yah, SYMMETRY. So I tried to like it.... BUT it just wasn't working for me. The silver frames didn't line up and some of them were too "squished" in order to make it fit within the imaginary outside big frame. And the symmetry, or lack thereof was definitely NOT working for me. Everytime I looked at it I felt bothered inside. Not the feeling I was going for!
So it stayed up this way from late Saturday afternoon until Sunday afternoon when I got back from church and started ripping the frames off the wall.
Once again I set out about the house stealing more frames and using some of the extra we got at Ikea. Thank goodness we got extra! Until I had a completely different layout. Now we had 23 nails to take out of the wall and 12 different frames to hang.
Paul was so good about changing it and didn't grumble much. I laughed when I came down and found this self portrait of Paul in the center frame-
I knew that NO MATTER WHAT the outcome of the new frame layout once it was on the wall for the second time I would have to love it or pretend to...
BUT the second time it was PERFECT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
All of the symmetry, equal spacing, harmony and beautiful pictures bring me great PEACE! Which inspired me to use my favorite quote as the center picture.
When I look at these pictures (and the layout) I feel calm, grateful and at peace.
My sister's comment put it perfectly- "A PERFECT REPRESENTATION OF THE SWEET MOMENTS IN YOUR LIFE. BRAVO!"
Thanks honey, you're the BEST!
My sister's comment put it perfectly- "A PERFECT REPRESENTATION OF THE SWEET MOMENTS IN YOUR LIFE. BRAVO!"
Thanks honey, you're the BEST!

3 comments:
I LOVE it!!!! Your hard work paid off and Paul is a good sport. He may need to think of a career in art. What a great self portrait! :)
It is perfect! Where is the paul picture? It didn't make the second cut? You've always been a fabulous decorator.
It looks GREAT! I am the very same way, so I agree the second one is perfection!
Post a Comment