I can't believe we've lived here for 10 years now and never been to Minute Man National Park!
On Tuesday Alyssa had a doctor appointment in Waltham so I figured it would be awesome to make a day of it and go and see walk the battle road. The kids have written reports on the Revolution and some of the major people in it so it helped to piece it all together.
It was the perfect day to be outside for a walk along the trail!
We even made a friend. The kids had to name him (or her) and they came up with Steven.
Evidently Steven likes people, diet coke and reading the newspaper.
Evidently Steven likes people, diet coke and reading the newspaper.
The whole trail is 5 miles, which would have been great if it was round trip. Since it was each way we opted for 1 1/2 miles in and back. I love the history out here. It was fun to learn more about the way the colonists lived and made the most of the land.
North bridge site of "the shot heard round the world."
Sad to think of some many lives lost.
All in all my favorite type of New England day to be outside- low humidity and blue blue sky with big puffy clouds. Such a great day with my favorite not so little anymore people!





1 comment:
Um, I've lived here for 25 years and I haven't been there. Don't tell anyone.
Post a Comment