Friday, January 18, 2013

An act of great kindness

A few months ago Paul was at his booth at a trade show.  Paul was talking to a guy from another booth and he did a favor for Roger who just so happens to do sports memoribilia. The guy asked his if he could return the favor. Paul told him that if he ever gets a signed picture of Hope Solo that would be great since it is his daughter's favorite soccer player.

In December Paul sends me this email from Roger-

I made it special

Remember….. it is my job to make you look good

You made me look good with my Son in law……  and I thank you

Merry Christmas to you and yours



 A few days later...
 we get this HUGE box in the mail. 

Inside it is a triple matted signed photo of Hope along with an inset picture of her at the olympics and a plaque inscribed to Lissy. I promptly wrapped it back up and hid it so that she could open it on Christmas morning! 



 I especially love the words of encouragement!

I couldn't believe what an amazing gift this was! Nor could I believe the kindness from Roger to go out of his way to create such an incredible gift for Alyssa.


Here it is in her "new room." She wanted it to go above her bed, but we decided on the side so that she can look at it every night as she goes to sleep and be inspired and KNOW that she CAN accomplish anything she sets her mind to! You go my Lissy girl!

No comments: